Safety Cop

Note: The software I used formatted it kinda weird when I copied and pasted it but it should still be understandable.

EXT. city

-Bird's eye view of city

"Kielbasa Productions Presents"

-Cut to black

"Written and Directed by Leon Fox O' Brien"

EXT. Street, outside office building

Neo-Police car pulls up to building.

JOSEPH BONESAW and WAYNE LEE step out of their car.

BONESAW removes his aviator glasses.

Lady

BONESAW, thank god you're here.

Bonesaw

How bad is it?

LADY

The gang are on the second floor, ask the office workers have escaped but the gang are still there!

BONESAW

Come on Wayne, let's do this.

WAYNE LEE

Right behind you.

LADY

Oh- and be careful! I've heard it's not a very safe work environment.

BONESAW puts his sunglasses back on.

INT. Office

JOSEPH BONESAW and WAYNE LEE are pressed against a corner. Just around the corner are the gang.

BONESAW quickly peeks around the corner then turns to WAYNE LEE

WAYNE LEE

You think we can handle them?

BONESAW

Well maybe I'd be worried if you weren't a kung-fu master.

WAYNE LEE

That's a good point, BONESAW. Let's go kick butt.

BONESAW and WAYNE LEE turn the corner quickly. BONESAW starts shooting at a farther away target, while WAYNE LEE takes down a nearby GANG MEMBER with his kung fu.

The GANG LEADER, hiding behind an upturned table, sees some flammable materials spilled on a desk beside some open wiring that runs along the floor. He takes a pack of matches from his pocket and starts trying to strike it. BONESAW sees this.

BONESAW

Wayne! I need some help!

WAYNE LEE

I'm a bit busy right now!

Bonesaw

Dammit!

BONESAW runs for the GANG LEADER, but before he reaches him he throws the match into the flammable materials.

EXT. STREET, OUTSIDE OFFICE BUILDING

Lady

What is going on in there!?

BONESAW stumbles out of the building, coughing.

LADY

Are you okay, what happened!?

BONESAW

They set the place on fire... I'm badly burnt, but... Wayne didn't make it. It's a deathtrap in there, there are no fire exits, no signage, nothing.

EXT. CITY

Cuts between fly-by of city AND JOSEPH BONESAW IN HIGH-TECH GEAR.

Voice over

BONESAW was our best cop... His burns were bad, but he didn't want to retire. So we fixed him, with the latest high tech gear.

Int. Neo-cop building

JOSEPH BONESAW is at the main desk, taking to the receptionist.

Receptionist

Well, Bonesaw, we've got an abandoned factory in downtown due for remission... You sure you don't wasn't to bring any weapons?

BONESAW

You know I'm done with violence. All I kill unsafe work environments. No one else should experience what Wayne did back there.

Receptionist

Alright... Have fun, I guess.

JOSEPH BONESAW exits.

Neo-COP CAR DRIVES AWAY

INT. ABANDONED FACTORY

Bonesaw

No obstructions... OK... Fire exits... Check... And that should be it.

BONESAW puts his checklist into his fanny pack and walks toward the exit, when suddenly the gang from the beginning jump out and ambush him.

Gang leader

Well, would you look at this... It's Bonesaw. Bonesaw! And he's all kitted out for his inspection!

GANG MEMBERS begin laughing. BONESAW reaches for his pistol before realising he doesn't have one.

BONESAW

What did you come here for? Came to finish the job?

GANG LEADER

We heard you were in the area. Boo! Haha. Would you look at that... JOSEPH BONESAW. Afraid of me. We thought you were dead. Just like your friend. If we HAD killed you that day... Just think of what that would do to or reputation! No one would mess with us!

BONESAW

I'm not like that anymore. I don't have any weapons. All I care about is decent work for everyone, OK?

GANG LEADER

We'll do some decent work on you now. Get him.

GANG MEMBERS start ganging up on BONESAW. Suddenly, BONESAW has a vision of Wayne Lee.

BONESAW

WAYNE?

WAYNE LEE

Mess then up, Joe. Do it for me.

BONESAW

But I don't have any weapons!

WAYNE LEE

You don't need weapons, Joe. You just need your fists, and your lungs.

BONESAW

That doesn't make any sense, but OK.

BONESAW takes down the GANG MEMBERS with kung fu moves, then turns to the GANG LEADER.

Gang leader

Woah, man, I... I didn't mean it... I...

BONESAW starts slowly walking towards the GANG LEADER, who is backing away into a crane with a large hook over a pit.

BONESAW

You didn't mean to kill my best friend?

GANG LEADER

Look I'm just a guy, like you, I don't have anything against you personally...

The GANG LEADER'S jacket gets hooked on the crane, which sides to the other side of the pit. BONESAW walks up to the controls for the crane.

BONESAW

Hang around.

BONESAW yanks the crane up, the GANG LEADER'S jacket rips and he is flung into the pit.

BONESAW is walking away from the factory, on his portable telephone.

BONESAW

You know... I think I might go for the pistol next time.

Freeze frame. Credits roll.

Re: Safety Cop

Re: Safety Cop

Re: Safety Cop