Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Ok, this is kinda cheating, but this is just an epilogue I forgot to post last time.

William Mace stood looking at his daughter Clarissa as the beeping from her machine stopped. 7 months, she had been in the coma, and they had never lost hope. But now his daughter was gone.

Crying, he leaned in to kiss Clarissa one last time.

And then she sat up, crazed.

"Who are you?!" she said, clearly scared. "What is this place?"

She looked down at her body.

"Who the hell is THIS?!?!?!"

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

7 Pages! YAY!!!

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

I got this idea yesterday. Since we've filled the spot of every Skulduggery book, I figured we might as well fill The Maleficent Seven's spot. So, I was thinking I'd do a novella, set before Book One (essentially Book Zero), that follows Tucker starting her experiments. I'll be doing that either between Books Seven and Eight or Eight and Nine (probably the latter). You could do something similar if you wanted to.

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Sure

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Marie didn't like it here.

All her friends said there was something wrong with this school, and she had to agree. She was surprised to be invited, but grateful, until she discovered her part in it.

"Ok," said Darren. "Me and Lucy will do the spray-painting, and yous keep watch."

Marie practically deflated. She should have known better. She, Madelyn and Dennis, the other people invited, were the nerds, the bottom of the ladder. They had only been brought to keep watch.

Darren and Lucy made a dash for the school wall, Dennis stooped behind a bush and Madelyn got on her hunkers behind a bench. Marie stood behind a tree and looked through the gate into the school courtyard. It was a weird school. She didn't know of many secondary schools that were boarding schools in Ireland. Who would want to go to a boarding school here? She was reminded of Xavier's school from X-Men. Maybe they were all mutants.

She almost didn't see the purple energy take Darren's head.

Lucy screamed as a thuggish boy, about 16, emerged from the gate, energy crackling around his fist. Darren's body fell to the ground at Lucy's feet. The boy looked at the unfinished graffiti, the words "freaks go home!" yet to be coloured in.

The energy grew in size.

Lucy screamed again and ran back across the yard, screaming at Dennis to help her. The boy spotted her and looked as though he was going to kill her next, but an electric blue surge hit Lucy square in the back. She stopped screaming and fell over. Marie saw the skin on her back melting and bubbling, the t-shirt ripped apart and bloody. The new girl from inside the gate, who had fired the blast, laughed manically.

More students emerged from the gate. One boy touched the wall with the graffiti, making the entire wall quake and crack. Marie stood, frozen, as the bush Dennis was using for cover went up in flames. Dennis jumped to his feet, screaming, but then a yellow bolt hit him in the chest, and then his shirt was on fire. He fell, still screaming. A final yellow bolt hit him in the forehead, finally silencing him. Marie got a glimpse of the bench falling on Madelyn as she screamed, cut short by her brain being crushed, but Marie barely saw it, because she had turned and ran, and she was running and she was never gonna stop running--

A burst of the purple energy whipped by Marie's head and hit the bark of the tree next to her. She screamed, lost her balance and tripped over the pavement, getting a face-full of road. Several parts of her bleeding, she looked up to see a hole going straight through the tree's bark. She scrambled to her feet as the students laughed, but she was out of range now as she ran down the street, still not knowing what she had seen.

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Will post Monday. I think. If not, Tuesday.

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Oh de-de-de-de-dear, looks like someone forgot (or has a VERY good reason for not being able to post).

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Well, LSODM is out! Nos could you give me a synopsis of everything that's happened so I can post tomorrow? I literally forgot almost everything after like Book 4.

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

Takeru and Nediso are attacked by assassin Riku Matsuro, but saved by the mysterious Garland. She takes them to Sensitive Jean Marlowe, who finds Zoey's location, Zoey having quit the Sanctuary. Takeru also falls for a girl, Cassie.

At Zoey's new house, she rudely kicks them out. Soon after, on Takeru's date with Cassie, he is attacked by Riku and Remus Crux, being knocked unconscious soon after.

Takeru, Cassie, Nediso and Garland are captured by Zoey and Crux, who says they are undercover for the Sanctuary. Zoey doesn't know he was driven insane by a Faceless One, thinking he had chosen her for an undercover mission. She reveals she was inhabiting Garland's body via magic. Crux has a breakdown and discovers a secret about China Sorrows and flees. After Takeru learns Cassie is magic and kisses her, he, Cassie, Nediso and Zoey return the incapitated Garland to the Sanctuary. Crux is later found shot dead.

Zoey reconciles with Hanson and reveals she is pregnant.

==BOOK FIVE==

In Book Five, Zoey is once again a detective at the Sanctuary with her new partner, Genocide Kree, and is due to give birth any day. Several mortals who had just been discovering their magic abilities are being murdered by a sadistic Mevolent follower, calling himself Melvolont, and several detectives, including Zoey and Genocide, are enlisted to retrieve the surviving ones. After saving one, a girl called Judd Forrester, they enlist Takeru, Nediso and Cassie to help them, believing Melvolont may be doing it in honour of the Mevolent Follower Bloodbath, a massacre where hundreds of followers were killed.

Days later, after saving the mortals, Genocide discovers Zoey is cutting herself and suffering from depression. Soon after, Zoey goes into labour and has a son, Aaron.

That night in the hospital, Zoey is murdered by an intruder who steals her body for Melvolont. The following morning, Nediso commits suicide when he finds out.

The Sanctuary discovers Melovont's hideout, and Genocide and several other agents, including Takeru, Cassie and Judd, infiltrate it. They arrive to find Melvolont performing a Necromancer ritual on Zoey, and awakens the spirit of a powerful Necromancer sorcerer, Ziarius, within her, calling itself the Death Bringer. They escape soon after.

==BOOK SIX==

Takeru, saddened at losing his best friends the previous year, comes across a psychic parlour, run by Madame Nuvara. Nediso contacts Takeru through Nuvara and tells him his death was by murder. Takeru informs Cassie, and they both tell Genocide.

Takeru and Judd return to Nuvara's parlour and find her daughter, a powerful Sensitive named Kendra, who says her mother was kidnapped. She agrees to help them in their search for Nediso's murder via her visions. In her latest one, she saw the London Sanctuary.

Meanwhile, Cassie and Genocide visit Jean Marlowe for hopes she has sensed anything to do with Nediso. After Jean senses Ziarius, the three barely manage to escape before Ziarius destroys Jean's house. She traps them in a fire and vows to kill them later. Cassie morphs and flies the others to safety.

Takeru boards a plane to London, but it is hijacked by a man who claims to be taking him to heaven, possibly to find Nediso. However, he takes the plane into a rip in dimensions, leaving them in a hellish area, which he says they will be trapped in for several days.

Judd and Kendra make it to London and meet Brisinger Scarrow, the head of illegal magic items department. He knows nothing about Nediso, but instead discover Melvolont is intercepting a delivery of a modified Soul Catcher, holding the souls of the followers of Mevolent from the Bloodbath. The three of them race to the scene and find Ziarius stealing the Soul Catcher. She defeats them all and escapes.

At the same time, Genocide, Cassie and Hanson visit Summer, a schizophrenic sensitive in a teenage borstal. She tells them of a party they have to attend: Ziarius mentioned a party at Jean's house.

When Judd, Kendra and Scarrow return to Dublin, Genocide fights with Hanson, who claims he has feelings for Zoey. Later, Genocide sees Ziarius on a News Report of riots in O'Conell Street.

Genocide goes and confronts Ziarius, but it turns out to be Cassie in disguise. Hundreds of sorcerers fight the risen followers of Mevolent on the street. Cassie manages to buy time for the real Genocide, Hanson, Judd and Kendra to confront Ziarius by flawlessly killing many followers. The remaining followers attempt to flee, but are destroyed by Summer.

Genocide attempts to fight Ziarius, but is swiftly defeated. When she moves in to kill him, Kendra launches a mind attack, wounding Ziarius. Genocide has the option to kill Ziarius, but can't bring himself to do it. Kendra finally loses her hold, and is viciously beaten, leaving her dying. Hanson hopelessly tries to defeat Ziarius, and she mortally wounds him. Seeing Hanson dying, Zoey forces her subconscious to the surface, expelling Ziarius and returning herself to her body. She comforts him as he dies.

In an epilogue, it is revealed Melvolont is working with Tucker Ferris.

==BOOK SIX.FIVE==

Ella Stewart, head of the Sanctuary technical department, finds some strange energy readings from another dimension, which matches Takeru and a being of huge power. She reports it to Genocide, who sets up a portal to the dimension.

In Takeru's hell dimension, the man is trying a spell to resurrect Nediso when the portal is opened. The plane comes crashing through to the next dimension, killing Sanctuary agents. Takeru finds an unconsious Nediso while the man wounds Ella and escapes, leaving his broken pendant. Back at the Sanctuary, Ella summarises that the portal interrupted the spell, leading to Nediso not being fully revived. As a result, he will rarely get sick and doesn't need to eat or defecate.

Zoey attends Hanson's will reading, where she receives everything he owned. In a note, she is told an item of Hendrix' was left with his stuff, but she does not get it. She visits Lady Bellum (now living in a apartment with Jean Marlowe and Summer), but she is unable to help. Summer tells Zoey she is special and that she should go to the Necromancer Temple to find answers. Zoey does this, taking Cassie and Judd with her. In Craven's office, they find Hendrix' sunglasses, which turn out to contain an Echo stone in its lens. However, it is not Hendrix' stone: it is Craven's. Craven's projection reveals it was Hendrix' stone, but he wiped it and imprinted over it. Zoey tells him that his attempt at making the Death Bringer got him killed before leaving the Temple, and Craven, behind.

Later, Cassie returns to the Echo device and says she saw Riku Matsuro's details in his office, knowing Craven sent him to kill Takeru and Nediso in Book Four. Cassie admits she knows Matsuro from her secretive past. Craven shows delight at this. Fearing he might tell someone, she smashes the glasses, making Craven disappear. She returns home to find Takeru has returned from the other dimension. After initially being angry, she then begins kissing him.

Meanwhile, Genocide is visited by Miranda Lourdes, a mortal who has been researching the Sanctuary to help her niece, who is now calling herself Lorna Prince. Originally a normal mortal, she is experiencing magic abilities. When Genocide visits her, she is shown to spontaneously begin speaking in other languages and turn to a blue, rocky form. She is one of the first mortals to recently be obtaining magic abilities out of the blue. The Sanctuary does not know what to do with her.

Genocide visits Kendra, who is brain dead after her attack, and finds her powerful sensitive powers are slowly destroying her mind. He makes the difficult decision in turning off Kendra's machine, which also kills Shelby Sherawat and everyone else in a coma.

With the number of mages suddenly rising, the Sanctuary finds a 'hotspot' at a new school in Dublin. Genocide then revisits Lorna, saying he has a proposition.

In the epilogue, the mortal daughter of a rich businessman awakes from a long coma.

==BOOK SEVEN==

After a strange new school opens, a group of students from another school arrive for a prank. However, it is discovered the pupils at the new boarding school are mages. The Mage students kill all the pranksters except one, Marie, who escapes.

Re: Skulduggery Pleasant RPG

I just finished Dying of the Light. The final Skulduggery. And since it's obvious we are never ginna finish the RPG, I thought I should upload my synopsis for what would have happened from Book Seven to the very end.

Just to catch up: at the end of Book 6.5, Genocide meets Miranda Lourdes, a mortal journalist who found the Sanctuary after her cousin Lorna Prince began developing strange powers (taking on a blue, rocky form, having super strength and randomly speaking in different languages). After this meeting, Genocide is asked to turn off Kendra's life support machine as her Sensitive powers are messing with the other patients in comas. When he does so, all those in comas (including Shelby Sherawat from Book Two) die, revealing the power was keeping them alive. Genocide discovers many other mortals are developing powers and much magical activity has been traced to a "hot spot" where a school is being built for gifted children. Genocide tells Lorna that she's going to become gifted, ending on a cliffhanger.

==BOOK SEVEN==

A few weeks after the opening of a new boarding school for "gifted" kids, some students from another school arrive for a prank, before a few of the Mage students kill them. One student, Marie Timmoney escapes.

Soon after the Sanctuary agents arrive undercover at the school as new students Andy Browne (Takeru Negro), Ned Parker (Nediso Pluvus), Alice Doherty (Cassie Esia), Chloe Jennings (Judd Forrester) and Hannah Richardson (Lorna Prince). Also, Zoey and former teammate Blackjack Hogan join the staff as Violet Tanner and Patrick Norton, while Genocide and Miranda Lourdes watch the school from a series of cameras.

While there, Nediso encounters Leigh Haundra from Book Two, still traumatised from her time with Tucker and trying to find a place in life, now a student at the school dating Danny, a super-intelligent Mage. He asks her for help in finding out what the school has to do with the boost on magic, but she refuses, wanting to leave the Sanctuary behind her.

In training, the students catch the eye of Vice Principal Lilah Mercury, who requests they take "The A Test", a series of trials which test their magical abilities. After the brutal training course, all of them are moved to the A Block of campus. A party is thrown to celebrate, where Zoey impulsively kisses Blackjack in an attempt to get over Hanson, which Genocide sees. Judd tells Cassie and Lorna she has a crush on Nediso, but at the party he asks Lorna to dance. To get revenge for her friend, she sidesteps all of his hints and then reveals she is a lesbian. When a series of fireworks go off wrong, the students flee the party, where Cassie sees Lilah Mercury and some hooded men take Leigh and Danny.

The next day, Genocide confronts Zoey via earpiece over her kiss with Blackjack, where she suspects he has feelings for her. Miranda meets with Marie, who has been collecting information on the Sanctuary and the school. Miranda tells her that she once wanted to expose the Sanctuary, and she now regretted it. Marie dumps the info, but a mysterious man finds it.

Takeru, Nediso, Cassie, Judd and Lorna infiltrate the basement of the school, looking for Leigh and Danny. There, they find numerous children being experimented on. Cassie and Judd return to tell Zoey and Blackjack, Takeru and Nediso go to find Leigh and Lorna goes to find Danny.

When Cassie and Judd reach Zoey and Blackjack, they are taken by the hooded men to the Principal's office, where they meet Tucker Ferris, Melvolont and Vice Principal Lilah, who we discover is Shelby Sherawat in a new body: in Book 6.5, when Genocide turned off Kendra's life support, Kendra's Sensitive power reached out and transported Shelby's mind to a living body. However, Tucker has altered her memories: Shelby now believes Zoey killed her. Tucker finally reveals her master plan: she wishes to boost everyone's magic and make mages the dominant species of the Earth, killing all humans. She did all the experiments in Book Two, to better understand magic, killed the mortals who had the potential for magic to see magic in its infancy, everything to help mages become the dominants of the Earth. Then she reveals her biggest secret: Cassie was a test subject in the early experiments and was the top student, able to shapeshift, an ability no other Mage has. Scared, Cassie changed her name from Madison Farrell to Cassie Esia and fled. In present time, Tucker gives Cassie a power boost, sending her catatonic.

In the basement, Takeru and Nediso manage to release Leigh, while Lorna finds Danny, now hulk-sized and out for her blood. Running from him, he destroys half the facility in an attempt to kill her.

Genocide discovers a small rebellion of mortals who hunt down mages, who found Marie's collected information, is now out to get the Sanctuary, and he and Miranda barely escape as they blow up their safe house. The group attack the school, forcing a student to use his powers to begin sinking the school. Takeru, Nediso, Leigh and Lorna barely escape the basement as the school is slowly destroyed. Tucker, Shelby and Melvolont flee using a teleportation sphere. Zoey finds one more, which can only hold three people. She gives it to Judd, Lorna and an unconscious Cassie, Judd telling Nediso she loves him before they teleports to Genocide and Miranda's location. Zoey and Blackjack help the students to escape when Genocide tells her to meet them at the school's airstrip. There, a plane awaits them. Just as the Anti-Magic Uprising arrives to kill them, Cassie awakens. The AMU capture several mages, Judd and Genocide among them. The power boost Tucker gave Cassie makes her powers go out of control: she teleports all the mages into the plane, propels it off into the air and incinerates half the crowd. She teleports herself onto the plane, but it can't fly as she just launched it off into the sky. It crash lands soon after.

In an epilogue, Cassie, her power going wild, wakes up in the crashed plane, screaming.

Book Eight wasn't thought out a great deal, but I know it would feature all the regulars in a secret base attempting to defeat the Mage-hunting movement, which was led by a deranged priest, Mathias Farrell. Also, it would feature the return of the white-haired man who tried to help Takeru save Nediso in Book 6.5, called Avalon. It is revealed that he wanted to save Nediso to resurrect Ziarius, as she could only possess a body that had been killed and returned to life (which is why Zoey was killed and resurrected in Book 5). Avalon then resurrected Ziarius in Cassie's body, but she came back "wrong" and wasn't as powerful. Avalon would then either flee or be killed, and Takeru had to deal with Cassie effectively being dead. In the end, the good guys would be forced to partner with Tucker, Melvolont and their evil dudes to stop Mathias and his fanatics, rescuing Genocide and Judd from a prison. The book would end with Tucker killing Nox Tarintino (remember? Bellum's brother?). Since he was effectively one of the original Gods, it sets the universe off balance, meaning Tucker can now repopulate the Earth with mages.

Also scattered throughout the book would be Nediso, who, after being resurrected, slowly starts to loose his mental stability, Miranda would be killed by a car bomb, Brisinger (the pompous guy from the London Sanctuary in Book 6) would slowly turn into a badass and Melvolont would change his name to Gideon because Tucker kept making fun of him.

Then, in Book Nine, it all gets wrapped up in a pretty bow. I didn't have a lot planned, except it would end in the mother of all battles in a series of humongous caverns where Tucker attempts to activate her plan. Takeru attempts to help Ziarius, in Cassie's body, become more human throughout the Book. Bellum returns, but she ascends to another plane because, now that Nox is dead, if she dies, the universe ends. During the battle, Judd dies saving Nediso (and he doesn't even notice), Brisinger's magic gets overloaded and he explodes. With magic. Yeah. Genocide engages in a brutal-hand-to-hand fight with Melvolont/Gideon, and eventually kills him. Shelby learns Tucker altered her memories and that she has effectively been fighting for the bad guys. She implies Tucker on her sword, finally killing her. Also, an army of Nye's Puppets would appear as villains, but we see Ahora Stemms slowly regain her humanity and she dies saving Zoey. Ziarius, now touched by humanity, gives her life to shut down Tucker's big power source, stopping Tucker's plan and wiping Ziarius away, returning Cassie to her body. Summer, the schizophrenic Sensitive from Book Six, would stay behind to keep the overload contained so it doesn't blow up the planet. Genocide and Zoey finally get their shit together and kiss. He flees the caverns as they start to collapse, but Zoey stays behind when Summer, using the fact that THERE'S A GIANT MAGICAL HOLE IN THE UNIVERSE to her advantage, allows an apparition of Hendrix Lyle to appear to Zoey. He tells her he's proud and stuff, it's a very gooey moment. He disappears and the big magic bomb thing is shaking and quaking the entire place: she really has to leave. As Zoey is leaving, she finds Shelby in the wreckage and, after some thinking, frees her. Shelby escapes as Zoey says goodbye to Summer (seriously, I don't know how she hasn't died yet). Finally, Zoey runs as the caverns burn and collapse around her and she gets out in the nick of time. Summer dies as the magic bomb explodes in a contained bubble, saving the world. Again.

And yeah, that would be it. When I look back on this whole thing, whenever I dare to reread it, I cringe at the bad writing, the plot holes, the fact that I wrote Southern and Jamaican accents phonetically. Oh that reminds me, I might've brought Garland back (actual Garland, not Zoey-possessed Garland). Also, some other new supporting characters to be introduced were Icity Endres (pronounced Ice-itty), Lenson Dashtrick, Beagle Soap and Dante Rhythm.

Where was I? Oh yeah, I loved doing this, but we've both totally evolved as writers. But this is still a great memory.

It was too lovely a day for death.