The SPN

12

The SPN

This post was updated on .
Delopment has been kinda slow, but once we get the website up, hopefully things will snowball from there. But to do this, I need to know if the name is approved, because I can't change the URL later. And if you get ideas, do share them. I'm working on a series plan for Goners, I'll post it when it's done and we can discuss it.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Here's the character bios (with their Play-Bys), so we can agree on them:

Stephanie Knight (Peyton List) - A 17-year old girl and the adopted daughter of Stuart and Kristy Knight. After she and her friends discover their parents are supervillains, she discovers she has power over the mind, allowing for telepathy and telekinesis. She can also use her powers to alter perception, allowing for tricks such as appearing invisible or making people believe they are being attacked. This ability also clears up her dyslexia. In the season finale, she is revealed as a mole for her parent's group.

Adam Hayes (Shawn Ashmore) - A shy 17-year old and the only child of Peter and Sienna Hayes. He has the power to manipulate the earth and can also alter surfaces, coating objects or enemies in rock.

Kevin Westen (Lucas Till) - A traditional college jock and the son of Damien and Lucy Westen. He is able to alter his skin material, for instance turning it rock-hard or fireproof.

Jade Cresteva (Mackenzie Lintz)- A bratty girl who is in trouble with her parents Christopher and Lois for behaving "like a Trollop" with boys. She learns she can produce electricity, but has difficulty controlling it.

Clea Bohm (Zoe Kravitz) - A college girl who has been working as a go-go dancer, much to her parents' Clark and Amanda's chagrin. She has power over the weather and the ability to fly. Her criminal past begins to catch up to the group.

Andy Holloway (TBA) - A gay computer nerd that is constantly bullied. Despite having no official powers, his intellect has been heightened by his parents Andrew and Lydia, making him an excellent strategist.

Lizzie Spiller (Elizabeth Olsen) - A lonely girl bullied for her weight. She is a natural Wicca, allowing her to perform spells and steals a staff owned by her parents Derek and Sara.

Duke Miller (Ty Simpkins) - The young son of Jonathan and Julia Miller that the group encounter at their parent's get together. He has amazing super strength, but he is very tired after using it.

J. August Richards as Stuart Knight - Adoptive father of Stephanie and leader of The Movement. He is able to shoot "energy knives" from his wrists.

Kristy Knight (Neve Campbell) - Stephanie's adoptive mother and wife of Stuart. She has the ability to manipulate water, but cannot create it.

I might add another character if I can find any place for them.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

And Leon, if you could make us a logo...?

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Here's the possible season synopsis: let me know what you think!

A group of friends meet at a retreat in the woods, each bringing their kids along. The kids are Stephanie Knight, Adam Hayes, Kevin Westen, Clea Bohm, Jade Cresteva, Andy Holloway, Lizzie Spiller and Duke Miller. The parents lock themselves in the basement to talk about work, but the kids sneak in to eavesdrop. However, they get more than they bargained for when they discover their parents are supervillains planning supervillainy things. After finding a recorded message in her father's study, Stephanie discovers she and the other children have superpowers. When the families return home, the kids (bar young Duke) meet up at night and opt to call the police, as well as discovering their powers. However, one of the kids, a mole for their parent's organisation, known as The Movement, tips off the parents, who take Duke hostage and order the kids to return home. The kids break into the Millers' house and try to save Duke using their newfound powers. Stephanie has telepathy and telekinesis; Adam has control over Earth; Kevin can change the material of his skin; Clea can control the weather, while Jade manipulates electricity; Andy is an excellent strategist; Lizzie can perform spells; and Duke has superhuman strength (that makes him very sleepy). The friends escape their parents and vow to right their parent's wrongs and restore their tainted names (especially after The Movement has the kids framed for murder and kidnapping Duke). However, the kids are not aware one of them is a mole.

In the season finale, in a confrontation with The Movement, it is revealed Stephanie is the mole: she has been feeding them information all along. In the ensuing chaos, Duke and Andy are killed. To escape, Adam triggers an earthquake, allowing the kids to escape and burying their parents and Stephanie in the ruins. With the threat of their parents gone but three of their friends dead, Adam, Kevin, Jade, Clea and Lizzie hopelessly ask themselves: "what do we do now?"

In the final scene, however, it is revealed to the reader that Stephanie is alive, but trapped in the collapsed building: it is not known if the parents have survived.

And that's the cliffhanger for season two.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Nice. I kinda meant for the site, but this works too!

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Ahh, I'll do that too.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Thanks. Oh, and:

http://thespn.proboards.com/

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Here are the possible timeslots for when the episodes will "air" (be posted). Obviously they won't all be released the same week. We still don't know if we'll post them weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. We should decide that. You know, probably.

Survivalists (a pitch Jack is working on) - Mondays @ 7PM (if it happens)

The Network - Tuesdays @ 7PM

Goners - Wednesdays @ 7PM

Dollhouse - Thursdays @ 7PM

TBA - Fridays @ 7PM

Face Piranhas (if you were serious about doing it) - Saturday @ 7PM

TBA - Sundays @ 7PM

Friday and Sunday might not have anything. Just if we come up with anything else, that's where they'll go.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Survivalists: Monthly

Goners: Bi-weekly

Dollhouse- Whatever you feel like

Face Pirahnas- Quarter-monthly

And I think maybe Oak Valley should be on Fridays. Rember that?

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

OH MY GOD! I was going through my briefcase TODAY and found some story ideas for that and thought we could use it! Ah, the beauty of American soap operas: plane crashes, amnesia and evil twins. OV actually started with someone getting amnesia.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

We need to decide the series that we are picking up by January 10th. Here are the pitches so far:

Goners (collab)

The Network (mine)

Calling (mine)

Shelter (mine)

Face Piranhas (yours)

Survivalists (Jack's)

Night Vale (mine)

Oak Valley (collab)

Faith the Vampire Slayer (mine: don't judge me)

Do you honestly want to do Face Piranhas? Cos now is the time to decide. I also have some mini-series in mind (Billie's Descent into Nightmares, Illyria, Scream, Negabitches etc.) if you have any mini-series or one-shots you want to do, let me know.

So, to sum up: decide what series you want to do and let me know by the 10th. Now I get to decide which ideas to abandon.

Yay.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Of course I'm doing Face Pirahnas. It'll be bi-monthly.
I have another idea called Rolf, about a detective who always ends up in something paranormal, kind of like The X Files.
And a two-part mini-series called Stolen, a thriller.
And another monthly series called Temple, a mysterious, ancient story.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

I like them all. Do you have a rough idea of when you want to do them?

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Rolf- Weekly
Temple- Monthly

Dunno about Stolen.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

I figured now that we could just upload them whenever we want, mostly since the Dollhouse schedule is all wonky now, because I don't have scripts anymore and have to work from subtitles

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

Ok, so I think this is everything:

==Ongoing Series==

The Network - Starring Chloe Bennet, James Spader, Austin Nicholls, Damian Lewis - Spring

Dollhouse Season Two - Starring Eliza Dushku, Harry Lennix, Fran Kranz, Tahmoh Penikett - Spring

Goners - Starring Peyton List, Aaron Ashmore, Zoe Kravitz, J. August Richards - Summer

Scoop (working title) - Starring Elizabeth Henstridge, Andrew Garfield, Dichen Lachman, Nestor Carbonell - Summer

Calling - Starring Emma Stone, Miles Teller, Rory Culkin, Summer Glau - Summer

Face Piranhas - Starring TBA - TBA

Rolf - Starring TBA - TBA

Temple - Starring TBA - TBA

==Mini-Series==

Stolen - Starring TBA - TBA

Scream - Starring Lilly Collins, Josh Kutcherson, Kirran Culkin, Mary-Elizabeth Winstead - Summer

Faith the Vampire Slayer - Starring Eliza Dushku, D.B. Woodside, Harris Yulin, Anna Camp - Summer

Illyria - Starring Amy Acker, Will Estes, Burn Gorman, Sarah Rafferty - Summer

Angel: Decimation - Starring David Boreanaz, James Marsters, Eliza Dushku, Alexis Denisof - Autumn

==One-Shots==

Dollhouse: Epitaphs - Summer

Untitled Agents of SHIELD One-Shot - TBA

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Astrid - TBA

Untitled Angel One-Shot- TBA

Untitled Firefly One-Shot - TBA

Untitled Doctor Who One-Shot - TBA

==Series not picked up==

Night Vale

Shelter

Oak Valley (at least not yet)

And I think that's where we end.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

I'll probably start work on the Goners pilot after Ciarán Hanratty and I finish the Continuum pilot. But, I think we should rework the characters of Stephanie and Kevin, because they're honestly just too bland. I'd also like to recast them.

Re: The SPN - Stuff we need to decide

I'm replacing Rolf with Amton, about a town where paranormal stuff happens. It's essentially the same thing except alternating focus on multiple town members rather than having a central character (Rolf). I have a really good plot in my head for Stolen, and Temple will still happen, although more as an experiment than anything else. Face Piranhas will be a one-off feature-length B-movie, apparently with lots of hyphenated words.

12